6 bone in chicken thighs, skin removed,
2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into spears
8 oz white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
6 large shallots, peeled and halved
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1. Place chicken, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, wine, rosemary, salt and pepper in a 6 quart slow cooker; stir to combine.
2. Put the lid on and cook on LOW until the potatoes are tender, about 5 hours.
3. Before serving, remove bones from the chicken, if desired and stir in vinegar.
Makes 6 Servings Serving Size 1/6 of Recipe
Weight Watchers PointsPlus=6 per serving
285 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 50 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 17 g protein; 5 g fiber; 519 mg sodium; 866 mg potassium.
Crockpot Weight Watchers Recipes
Nonstick cooking spray
3 LBS chicken thighs, skinned
1 envelope dry beefy onion soup mix
2 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
1 1/2 cups frozen small whole onions
3 medium carrots, cut into 3 1/2 inch sticks
1/2 cup dry red wine
Hot cooked mashed potatoes (optional)
Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Lightly coat an unheated large skillet with cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken thighs, several at a time in the hot skillet until brown. Drain fat.
2. Place chicken thighs in a 3 1/2 or 4quart crock pot. Sprinkle with dry soup mix. Add mushrooms, onions and carrots. Pour wine over all.
3. Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours or HIGH 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
If desired serve with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with parsley.
YIELD: 4 servings (Weight Watcher Points = 7)
Weight Watchers PointsPlus=7
* Servings Per Recipe 4 servings
* Total Fat (g)8
* Saturated Fat (g)2
* Cholesterol (mg)161
* Sodium (mg)782
* Carbohydrate (g)15
* Fiber (g)2
* Protein (g)42
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
2 (28 oz) cans vegetarian baked beans, drained
1 onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
2/3 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp dry mustard
1. In a 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker mix all ingredients.
2. Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 5 hrs, or HIGH 2 to 2
1/2 hrs.) or until desired consistency.
Yield: 10 servings
Weight Watchers Points=2 per serving (old method)
Weight Watchers PointsPlus=5 per serving
Nutritional Information per serving
sat fat 0grams
1 lb venison roast, raw
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1. Place the venison in a ceramic lined slow cooker and add enough water to cover.
2. Add the vinegar, cover and set the cooker to HIGH.
Once the mixture begins to boil reduce temperature to LOW,
cover and simmer 8 or more hours.
3. Drain broth from meat and discard it. Remove and discard
any remaining fat from the meat. Weigh and separate into servings.
It will keep 1 or 2 days in the refrigerator.
YIELD: 16 (1 oz ) servings
To keep the venison for a longer amount of time, place in freezer bags
and keep frozen for later use.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus+ = 1 per (1 oz) serving
Serving Size: 1 oz
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs 0 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Total Fat 0.8 g
Saturated Fat 0.3 g
Unsaturated Fat 0.5 g
Potassium 102.2 mg
Protein 7.4 g
1 Very Lean Meat
2 1/2 lb beef chuck pot roast
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cups chopped onion
6 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp thyme, crushed
1 (14 1/2 oz) can unsalted diced tomatoes with liquid
1/2 cup fat free unsalted beef broth
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup cold water
2 tbsp corn starch
1. Remove excess fat from meat. Combine in a small bowl ginger, curry powder, turmeric, salt and pepper. Sprinkle ginger mixture over meat; rub in with your fingers. In a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker place onions, carrots and garlic. Place meat on top of the vegetables in cooker. Sprinkle with thyme. Add undrained tomatoes, beef broth and bay leaf.
2. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf.
3. Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid.
Cover meat and vegetables with foil to keep warm.
4. For gravy, pour cooking liquid into a glass measuring cup. Skim off fat. Measure 1 1/2 cups liquid (add water, if necessary, to make 1 1/2 cups). Pour liquid into a small saucepan. Combine in a small bowl, water and cornstarch. Stir into liquid in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
Serve meat and vegetables with gravy.
MAKES 8 Servings Weight Watcher PointsPlus+ =7
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs 12.4 g
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
Sugars 5.1 g
Total Fat 11.6 g
Saturated Fat 4.4 g
Unsaturated Fat 7.2 g
Potassium 650 mg
Protein 35.7 g
Sodium 313 mg
4 1/2 Meat, 2 Vegetable
1 ½ lbs lean top round, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 (16 oz) jar tomatillo salsa (green salsa)
1 (15oz) can Mexican style stewed tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can fat free beef broth
2 (4 1/2 oz) cans chopped green chiles
1 cup chopped onion
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
2 tsp bottled minced garlic
2 tsp chili oil
1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and stir well.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
Yield: 9 servings (1 cup)
POINTS: 3 per serving (by Old Method), Weight Watchers PointsPlus+ =4
CAL : 156, FAT: 4 grams, FIBER: 1 gram, Protein: 19.3g;
CARB: 8.7g; CHOL: 43MG; IRON: 2.1 mg; SODIUM: 675mg
2 cups potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 large carrot, diced
1 cup chopped green onions (bulbs only)
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cups fat-free chicken broth
1/2 cups pearl barley
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp dried crushed thyme
1/4 tsp pepper
4 oz Canadian Bacon cut into 1/4 inch pieces
1/2 cup evaporated fat-free milk
1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half (if you can find it,I've never seen it)
1. In a slow cooker combine potatoes, carrots, leek, garlic, chicken broth,
barley, bay leaf, thyme, pepper and Canadian bacon.
2. Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours or until vegetables and barley are tender.
3. Stir in evaporated milk and Half and Half and heat through, uncovered about 10
Yields 8 (1 1/4 cup) servings (2 points) per serving.
10 oz spinach, baby leaves
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 celery, ribs, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 medium garlic clove, minced
4 cups vegetable broth
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
Place all ingredients in a slow cooker;
cover and cook on high power for 5 hours.
Remove bay leaves, stir and serve.
Yields about 1 cup per serving.
WW points per serving= 0
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
8 oz pearl onions
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Bouquet Garni (See below)
1 lb bag baby carrots
1 lb small whole button mushrooms
2 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tbsp cold water
1. Place chicken in 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients except mushrooms, flour
2. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or until juice of chicken is no longer
pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
3. Remove any fat from surface. Remove Bouquet
Garni. Stir in mushrooms.
4. Mix flour and water; stir into chicken mixture.
Cover and cook on HIGH 30 minutes or until thickened.
For Bouquet Garni:
Tie 4 sprigs parsley, 2 bay leaves and 1 teaspoon
dried thyme leaves in cheesecloth bag or place in tea ball.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus+= 1
46 Calories; 3g Fat; 3g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 4mg
Cholesterol; 601mg Sodium.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 (16 oz) can tomatoes or 2 to 3 fresh tomatoes
1 onion, sliced
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Throw it all in the crock pot and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
Makes 4 Servings.
2g Total Fat
3 points per serving.
1 whole frying chicken, cut up
salt to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
1 tbsp oil
2 large potatoes, cubed
1 bag frozen lima beans, thawed
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 tsp thyme
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil and butter in large skillet. Fry chicken on both sides until brown.
3. Add to crock pot with remaining ingredients.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
7 1/2 pts per serving.
2 cans cream of celery soup
1/3 cup dry sherry
2/3 cup skim milk
2 tbsp parsley flaked
10 oz pkg frozen peas
2 cans tuna; drained
10 oz egg noodles; cooked
2 tbsp light butter
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine cream of celery soup, sherry, milk, parsley flakes, peas and tuna. Add noodles. Add to greased crock pot. Add butter on top. Cover crock pot and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving=8 points.
1 lb extra lean ground beef
1 lb ground turkey
2 cups soft breadcrumbs
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1 whole egg
2 tbsp minced dried onion seasoning
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp marinara sauce
1. Fold a 30 inch long piece of foil in half lengthwise and place in bottom of a slow cooker with both ends hanging over top edge of cooker.
2. In a large bowl, mix ground beef, ground turkey, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup marinara sauce, egg, onion, salt, garlic salt, Italian herbs, garlic powder and pepper until well blended.
3. Shape into a loaf and place in slow cooker on top of foil.
4. Spread 2 tbsp marinara sauce over top; cover tightly and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 Hours or on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Use ends of foil to lift out meat loaf and transfer to a serving platter.
(7 points per serving)
Yield: 8 slices
Per serving: 271 Calories (kcal); 16g Total fat
1 medium rump roast, trimmed
1 (26oz) jar spaghetti sauce, Light
Tomato & Basil(no sugar added)
6 cups cooked spaghetti(9 oz dry)*
Put roast in crock pot, cover with spaghetti sauce, and cook on LOW about 7 hours
or HIGH about 5 hours. Serve over spaghetti.
Servings: 6 (serving size: 1/2 cup)
Per Serving: 2 ounces of lean beef(3 Points), 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce(1 Point),
*1/2 cup cooked spaghetti(1 Point)=5 Points; 284.8 Cal, 8.2g Fat, 5.2g Fiber=5 Points.
NOTE: *You might want to cook 6 cups spaghetti so that others may have more than 1/2 cup.
1 cup spaghetti becomes 7 points per serving.
3 cups corned beef brisket, cooked
2 small onions, chopped
3 potatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup low fat beef broth
Run first three ingredients through food grinder or food processor. Mix well
with all the remaining ingredients. Press into well greased pot. Cover and
cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
7 points per serving
Per serving: 297 Calories (kcal); 18g Total Fat; (52% calories from fat);21g
Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 63mg Cholesterol; 589mg Sodium
• 24 oz (1 1/2) lbs chicken breast
• 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
• 15 oz can black beans
• 8 oz frozen corn
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
• 3 scallions, chopped
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
• salt to taste
Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top. Cook on LOW for 10 hours or on HIGH for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to crock pot. Adjust salt and seasoning. Serve over rice (extra points for rice)
2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp celery salt
1 tbs minced dry onions
1 (16oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 cup BBQ sauce
Nuke the cranberry sauce in the microwave for 2 min to make it easier to combine with all ingredients - Cook on HIGH 1minute. stir, then cook another minute
Made with 2.5 pounds of chicken breasts, the recipe serves 5, at 9 WW Points each.
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover & bake on HIGH 4 hours, or LOW 6 to 8 hours.
1 medium size zucchini, peeled and diced
1 medium size onion, halved and sliced
1 red pepper, seeded and diced
1/2 cup diagonally sliced celery
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Combine all above in crock pot and stir well.
Cover and cook on LOW 1 to 2 hours.
Veggies should be tender crunchy like stir fried
Makes: 6 Servings @ 25 calories serving. ZERO POINTS Recipe